Friday, April 10, 2015

The Deck Brighton

RNIS bought the $20 for $40 Groupon which JBS Hospitality offered.
As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015 


The Deck Brighton is about 100m away from North Brighton station  You take the train from the city and its about 20 minutes away on the Sandringham line. At first I thought it was at Brighton beach but after a bit of research I found it was in North Brighton where all the nice cafes are.

It is not far from the beach- in fact the beach is just two stations away.

The Deck is a pleasant and relaxing place to be in. It is also good for the dogs and I loved the friendly wait staff. Unlike Palate the service was pretty good everything came out really fast.

I had the 5 things (4 vegetables and 1 meat/fish dish) for $21 and I also added some lovely addictive relish to my dish to spice things up. The cauliflower rice was garlicky and in fact i they didn't mix the garlic in properly as one part of the rice was very garlicky and I did eat a garlic piece by mistake.

But I loved the eggs. They were nice and gooey and not like Palates eggs which were slightly overcooked.

The sweet potato mash was very creamy and addictive and so was the avocado. The avocado was very fresh this time around.

The salmon I think, was from Tassal and that reminds me to go and pay a visit to the Tassal shop one day as I do enjoy the salmon that my housemate brings home.

I ordered a piccolo latte and it was stellar. To add a bit of a twist to my normal piccolo I decided to add organic coconut milk instead of normal milk. The result: its a little bit sweeter and healtheir for you as it is not that creamy and not too sweet (that is when you don't add the sugar in).

To end things on a high, but healthy note I decided to add a coconut chia seed pudding. The result: I enjoyed it very much with the fresh fruits and real organic cream.

Rating: 17/20 enjoyed the health kick. It's a bit sad that not many bloggers or the Age have discovered this place for themselves. It is good for the mummy bloggers as they do have a kids menu and colouring to keep the kids occupied whilst the adults are talking. Oh and they have a lot of pram room.
The Deck Brighton on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...