Friday, March 20, 2015

Gavel Espresso

RNIS bought a Groupon for $10 which included breakfast and coffee
As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

Gavel is right outside the Monash Uni law building in the city. It is near Southern cross station and Healey's lane which is known for their cheap cafes.


Gavel has been around for a while but it surprisingly had no blog posts or promotions. It surprisingly was quiet at 11:30am when I arrived. But then as I was eating more people streamed in.

 The service was friendly with a smile. I was served by an Indian lady which smiled. The tables were a little bit sticky from the breakfast rush but oh well.

Here I had a smashed avo with Meredith Goats Feta cheese and cherry tomatoes on toast. It was here that I got my omega 3 good fats from the avocado which is enough to sustain me until dinner time. The tomatoes were fresh and the Meredith Goats feta added that nice saltiness to it.

The coffee tasted like bitter medicine. I'm not sure what brand of coffee beans that they used but whatever it is it might just keep the students awake for the rest of the day.

Rating: 14/20- not a bad breakfast, but bad bitter coffee

Students do come and visit this cafe and don't believe all the bad reviews. Andrew from Foodscrazy might like to visit for a morning coffee or two.
Gavel Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...