Monday, May 28, 2012

Australian cuisine and why I'm looking forward to this year's show.

Australia has a wide range of different cuisines and some of them are fusion cuisines. We love our pork chops, lamb, asparagus etc.
For me I love trying out different things when I'm in a new country such as new sauces, jams etc. I've found that sauced the preservatives at the Market sells and samples a few different jams and sauces. My favourite one is the chilli one.
I've always loved coffee here in Melbourne and here in Melbourne we have many types. It is nothing like the HK styles. More towards the American and European style coffees, such as Doppio, americano, espresso. And I love piccolo. I've never tried these until I reached Melbourne. In HK it was just the standard black instant espresso. The first cupping class I attended was at Market lane in Prahran.
Prahran market is a foodies heaven. Here you can find all of your gourmet goodies and lovely macaroons. And there are heaps of samples for everyone to try.

And I've also loved the tea varieties here. We have many varieties.
I've always loved pasta and noodles. Lygon st is known as Little Italy in Melbourne. Here they make their own pastas and cakes etc. I love a good pizza and a pasta.
And I love a good bratwurst.
We love our wines, but I'm not much of a big drinker.
There are different varieties of cheeses here such as Brie and Camembert. I've always loved the Brie on crackers. Quite simply divine!!!! And stunning!!!
Just this year, I just had the chance to try Latin American food. And Sonido does really great food so far.
Love the Spanish churros they are divine! There is a churro truck at Queen Victoria Market. But I've never tried it.
I also Mexican food. Tacos, burritos are all yummy. Mad Mex in Melbourne central is the best Mexican place by far.
And I love good dumplings in soup with noodles. Yummy. Although there are some really bad places in Melbourne, there some excellent ones too in the heart of the city that doesn't cost a fortune.

International students: what are your views and experiences with food in Australia?

2 comments:

  1. Australia is very famous and according to my experiences Best Pizza in Melbourne is very tasty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you we do have some of the best pizzas here :)

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...