Friday, February 13, 2015

Ferdydurke

RNIS was invited to Ferdydurke's new menu tasting party and did not have to pay.

Ferdydurke is in Tattersalls lane in Chinatown and its a few flights of stairs up. Here it is a very tiny bar which often gets crowded on a Friday and Saturday night. There aren't a lot of seats.

But their food and drink is stellar. And so is their music. They are a live music place. Their bar is rather old school.

I bumped into Jenny from Confessions of a little piggy and guess what, she enjoyed it too!

I saw the bartender making bellinis (champagne with orange juice) and sangarias for the hordes. I of course had to go without. But I got to try most things.

The pulled pork sliders were my favourite and the pork was cooked perfectly and went well with the brioche. There was just enough coleslaw. What would be nice is a hint of sweet chilli sauce.

The piroshkis (Russian dumplings) looked a lot like empandas from Mexico. But these were very nice. I really enjoyed the mushroom one and hope that  it will be on the menu as it seemed very popular with everyone from the restaurant.

To break things up there was a beetroot salad which was lovely and I enjoyed the mint on top as it added a bit of sharpness to the dish.

There was also octopus on toast with black caviar being offered which I enjoyed the smokiness of the octopus and it worked well with the black caviar.

There was this rather weird beetroot dip and chip that was also offered which I rather liked. Why I say it is weird is because of the liquid on top of the vegetables which suggested it was not mixed properly. But I really did enjoy the freshness of the vegetables.

The meat New York style deli sandwiches were good too and I enjoyed the three meats in the one sandwich. Yum.
The menu


The bar staff were rather helpful and very friendly.
Rating: 16/20- loved everything. Do come on by and try their lovely new menu.
Ferdydurke on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...