Friday, February 13, 2015

The Standard Hotel

The Standard Hotel is in Fitzroy st, just off Brunswick st. It is a lovely old building which reminds me of a country pub. It has been open for a while now buut only eight other bloggers have talked about this place and its outstanding food and drink. I was intrigued by Eat and be merry's review in a sunny courtyard.

It was here that I tried the $18 eggplant parma with chips and salad. It also came with bread and was a very huge plate. I didn't order any drinks as I was still on the 30 day water challenge but others did.

The bread was sourdough and was very lovely even with the Western style butter (that one that I saw in My Kitchen Rules).

The food was a little bit slow to come and everyone at my table was waiting for what seemed to be a while (more like 25 mins for it to come: eggplant parma, goats cheese tart and potatoes). All the meals were huge and some struggled to finish. Luckily I didn't have a lot to eat that day and went to the gym, so I was fine.

The salad was a little bit of a letdown- it was bitter and very oniony. But the parma was all fine. The batter was great and the eggplant was gorgeous. The chips weren't even soggy and nicely salted. There was heaps of cheese and tomato sauce on there which was rich and very homely.

Rating: 16/20- great parma. The only letdown was the service which was slow and some people did not smile one bit. But other than that it was all good.
The Standard Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...