Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hello SAM cafe by Katherine

A rather healthy burger cafe.

I was invited by the owner Katherine Sampson to try this out.

So I rocked up at 11am and was the only one there which is great as I could have more time with the lovely owner and her staff. Her staff are fairly new to the job but they are down to earth.

Katherine is down to earth and caring and she took the time to explain the menu. They had just been opened for a week or two and already they are busy. They have had a few corporate events and openings. The name Sam originated from her surname.

Here the place is clean and gorgeous. The bathrooms are inviting and clean not like some of the other burger joints where they are messy.







Like Realfoods most things are homemade which is great to see. Like Realfoods they also do the naked burger (lettuce leaves instead of the bun) for those that are gluten free. They cater for those that are gluten free and those that are vegetarian which is great too see. Oh and I think that they are a halal place too.

They have a limited paper menu. They are still waiting for the big menu board to arrive so give them some time. They do have local wines and beers for those that love to drink. And for those that don't they have organic drinks like the Soho bottles which are healthy.  I have never tried a Soho drink before but these are better than the normal cans of soft drink in that they are less carbonated.

Unlike Babu burgers which are all meat and dried veggie patties their burgers are much better. I had their ever so popular spicy tofu burger ($10). Only that it wasn't spicy at all. This is great for those that don't love a lot of spice.

I loved their homemade peanut sauce. You can see that they have put a lot of love and care into their burgers. The bun was slightly sweet (mainly from the peanut sauce) and it was soft. I loved that they didn't put a lot of onion in there.

The sides were $4.50 each and they only just had half the cup full. I had the onion rings and the chips. I guess they have to pay the rent hence the slightly pricier sides. But the goodness made up for the price. Unlike what others said on Urbanspoon about it being cold they were nice and warm and went well with the aioli (garlic sauce). The chips were really good and they tasted like they were homemade. I guess it is the type of potato that is used which is a rustic one. Katherine tells me that they aren't.

Its great to see that there are some healthy options in South Yarra and I wish Katherine all the best. I hope that more bloggers come and visit the place. I would love to try the rest of their menu.


Hello SAM Burger Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...