Friday, February 20, 2015

Able Baker Charlie and Macchinetta in Melbourne Airport

I had breakfast at the airport this morning in the Virgin departures area. I had a bit of time and my shift hadn't started. I had been wanting to try these two places for some time and I have read that Macchinetta does great coffees and Able Baker bakes their own bread.

I love places that do their own bread and I love the open and clean décor of the place. Its not often in an airport that you see things like this. I had to refrain from ordering sweet treats after seeing the banana bread and cakes and danishes.

The interior of Able's reminds me of Movida in the way that the bar is organised.

It was really relaxing in here and it is great for all the Virgin customers as they can hear their announcements.

The staff in there seemed relaxed during the morning rush and they were happy to serve customers.

So instead I went for the egg and bacon roll (sans bacon of course- $8.50) and a long black ($3.50 to sustain me throughout the day). The long black was great. It was not too bitter and burnt. I didn't need to add sugar into it.

The sourdough bread that they use is great. It is crusty and I enjoyed their eggs. But their eggs were a little too salty for my liking though. The saltiness from the canned tomatoes should have been enough. The canned tomatoes is from an Italian brand.

Rating: 14/20- do stop by for a coffee and breakfast to go.
Macchinetta on Urbanspoon Able Baker Charlie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...