Friday, November 21, 2014

Tokyo Hometown

 As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015


There is a new supermarket located in A Beckett st just a short stroll away from RMIT and across the road from building 80. I have heard about it from Fatboo who had posted his recent great experiences with them.
Inside the store is so clean



Here they have a wide range of Japanese delicacies and the biggest mochi I have ever seen for $2.79. I just had to have this.


They also have the biggest cup noodles I have ever seen for $4. These are imported from Japan. I have not seen nor tasted these rice noodles until today.

I really enjoyed the mochi.

They also have a good range of Japanese drinks and seaweed salads.

I had fun trying to decipher the Japanese instructions on the noodle packet with not so much luck so all my noodles clung together and were floury. The broth was very salty.

To open the packets I had to use a pair of scissors. There is no fork included hence I had to use my own.

But still do visit this authentic Japanese store for all your Japanese food and drinks.

Thank you Fatboo for the recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...