Friday, August 8, 2014

Red Mansion

Red Mansion is on the corner of Bourke and Exhibition. Its a kind of underestimated place in the city because so far I'm the only one blogging about it even though it has been open for a few years.

Red Mansion is a Sichuanese place which relies heavily on meats and sharing. But they have a few vegetarian dishes which have heaps of chilli so do drink loads of water. Or a soy milk as someone did.

The wait for food wasn't that long but I got my fried rice without chicken before everyone else did get their food. My theory is that vegetarian food can be done well and can be value for money. People do say that meat is better but Here's the veg and Noveau might agree with me. Here's one example- the duck blood soup was well favored by me. It had tofu skins, fungus, rice noodle and loads of seaweed. It didn't have a lot of gizzards and intestines in there. We got the protein from the duck's blood. Also the green beans were well favored by me. I loved the peanuts in the deep fried chicken with chilli.
Duck's Blood soup

Deep fried chicken

Green beans

Spare ribs

The chillies too were good.

The fried rice with fish I found it to be a little on the small side. When I saw the price of $12.80 I thought that it was going to be huge.

Well at least my friends enjoyed their meat dishes

The service was polite or in my case a little too polite as they spoke to someone in my group in Chinese a few times. I found it to be intrusive. Do visit the place for your spicy food fix. This place is underrated and its not overly hyped about unlike Dainty Sichuan
Red Mansion Sichuan Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...