Friday, August 29, 2014

Munich Brauhaus

 RNIS was invited to Munich Brauhaus on their opening night

Munich Brauhaus is in South Wharf and is a stones throw away from the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre. It is a large German bier Hall which is very lively every night of the week. They also claim to celebrate "Oktoberfest" 365 days a year which I thought was false.

But in actual fact its true. They have these large bier steins and an actual bier hall.

I didn't know about this place until I saw all the ads at Etihad Stadium. And then I researched it and found that there was beer and pretzels and seafood dishes.
I was drawn in by the advertising and the menus and the fact that there is now a German place in the dead quiet South Wharf.

The entertainment here was AMAAZZZZZZZZZZING. Here they had songs and the traditional bier tapping. Everyone loved their bier here and the atmosphere was just lively. In fact I think I saw the World Loves Melbourne bloggers here.

Thinking that it would be too busy at around 6-7pmish we'd thought we'd come later at 7:30pm when things died down a bit. The place was still packed and some people were waiting for about an hour for their food. Flagging the waitress was hard and there was no set menus to peruse.

The pretzel was good. Not as big as the one in Hofbrauhaus but still good. It was warm and moist and very salty like the way how it should be.

Vegetarians need not be disappointed as there are a few things on the menu which are vegetarian. In fact there is a whole section just for them.

The mussels were great but very small. It is one of their signature dishes. At $33 I expected them to be a bit bigger, but still at 8pm this size was perfect. If I'd come any earlier I'd want big. And the chips were fantastic in their little bucket.

The strudel (I think it was $12?) was the right size for a 8:30pm dessert. It was moist and freshly made. I also loved the little touch of Chantily cream on the side

17/20- Great dishes and great entertainment at ze bier hall.

They should be on the Dimmi site and maybe offer an Entertainment book discount. Too bad that South Wharf is way too quiet during the mid week.
Munich Brauhaus on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...