Friday, August 29, 2014

Downstairs Bistro and Lounge

Downstairs Bistro and Lounge is a causal bar in South Melbourne. It is surrounded by all the offices in a very pricey part of South Melbourne hence the high rent.

In this area they don't have a lot of competition which is a good thing. It means that they can concentrate on their food and wine. Unlike E Lounge this place is not expensive and its affordable. For me three courses is $25.50 (normally $34 but with the Entertainment card it is 25% off the total bill. This is a bonus offer which can be used again).

Look how cool the table is!

More cool bottles

The portrait on the door of the ladies- isn't she just stunning

Water- look how cool the glass and the bottle is

Beer Keg

Morning tea cakes


The service there is very friendly which adds to the casual vibe of the place. Also I loved the wait staff's uniform of jeans and checkered shirt. They looked very comfortable in this. But due to a function there it was a little bit slow. I am glad I came at 12pm.

Here I had a very cheeky garlic pizza to start off with and then for mains I had the prawn linguini and then as dessert I had one scoop of ice cream with popping candies.

The garlic pizza ($8) was very garlicky but it had the right amount of cheese to it. The crust was just right this time, not too thick and not too thin. But it was a little hard to cut, so you may have to excuse the hands.

The main ($23) was just right serving size for lunch but the pasta was a little bit overcooked. I loved the big prawns and tomatoes in there. It doesn't need parmesan cheese but a little bit of pepper would not go astray.

The ice cream was kid like and reminded me of my childhood days. Oh the memories. I loved hearing the popping sound of the candy. So much fun.

Do go and support them on on your way home with your Entertainment card as not only will you get 25% off the total bill (up to $45), you will also be supporting them.  You can book your table via Dimmi.
Downstairs Bistro & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...