Friday, August 29, 2014

Elounge Pizzeria

Elounge Pizzeria has been opened for a few years now and they are on Victoria St where all the pho and Asian joints are. It is the only pizzeria that is open for just nights and Thursday and Friday lunchtimes only. They were rated one of the best pizzerias by the Age and already people have started to like it

When I came at 6:30pm there were only a few tables occupied but by 7pm more people came. There was one table next to me that looked like they waited ages for their sausage and food to arrive. There was no bread. For this sort of a restaurant I would have expected some complimentary bread and oil to start off with.

The place itself is dark, dim and cozy. It reminds me of some place in Italy. They don't open for lunch with the exception of Thursday and Friday. Their Dimmi deal doesn't include lunch. Its only for a weeknight dinner. I would have expected for this to be a bonus offer in the Entertainment book. Maybe it could be in the course of buy one main get one free.

The service was great and the lady and the guy were very friendly and down to earth with their customers. But the waitress when I did ask for bread was a little bit snappy though. Most people opted for their wine but I was very happy with my lemonade ($4 in a big glass)

I of course booked via Dimmi hence I got the 50% off the total bill. The meal was $19.

A great part on their side: A complimentary entree of tiger prawns with chilli and garlic ($13). I really did enjoy this as the prawns were fresh and done right and they did not put too much chilli and garlic. It was just right. I hope this stays on the menu.

I also had to have my olives. So I went for their special olives with cheese inside ($10). It was perfect but a tad too salty. But the good news is that the sweetness of the vinegar ed cabbage offset some of the saltiness of the olives.

Their pizza was good too. Here I had a regular size ($20) pizza with zucchini, capsicum and eggplant on top. I would have loved there to be some sort of mozzarella on top as well, but given that I just had cheese with their entree this was just perfect. Except of course that the base was a little too thin in my opinion. The pizza was too small.

I hope they stay in business for a long time as they deserved the award for best pizzeria. If only they rectify these little things they might just have more customers. It's not right for them to have so many negative comments on Urbanspoon.

As for the pizza I hope that they can put more toppings on there and have a thicker base.

Elounge Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...