Friday, June 13, 2014

Shopping in Lygon st by Claudia

Lygon st is not all about food. It is about the shopping too. Lygon st is community focused, hence friendly locals and open space cafes

Here you can buy books, spices and more. I recommend some of  the best places in Lygon st.

1) Reading Book shop
 In here it is just like readers heaven. You can sit and read for hours. They are a fair business that pays people fairly. About 10% of their profit goes back into the community.

As a child I was fond of reading, and still am to this very day. The books are reasonably priced and they do also sell some reference books for uni students.

2) The Sweet shop
I Have always liked the shop for its coffee beans. Lygon st is known for great coffees.
Samples from the Sweet shop which I got to try

3) The Original lolly store,
 As a little girl I used to like coming here all the time. They are cash only. Here they sell lots of sweets from the UK and US as well as the Australian boiled hard lollies.

I have loved their Jelly Belly lollies as a kid and still do.

This is also available in Melbourne Central.

4) King and Godfree's
This is one of the best delicatessens there and in my early uni days I used to find lots and lots of ingredients from this place, many quaint stuff which I had no idea about. But they were cute.

5) The old Brunettis
I used to love going to this place in my uni days for sweets and to buy decadent dessert cakes. Not anymore. After they moved I read that they started going downhill.

Oh and you can park in Lygon st for $3.20 an hour. That's great for those taking a two to three hour exam in Royal Exhibition Centre

Where would you recommend students to visit? Tell us below as we would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...