Friday, May 9, 2014

Mr Loys Puff

Mr Loys Puff is in South Melbourne and it specializes in Singaporean food. As you know I'm huge fan of Gastrology blog and of course they recommended the place. I was invited there by the owner to try their limited menu.

The puffs that they sell

Cutlery

It is great for Singaporean students who miss home terribly.

All the food is prepared fresh daily.

They are opened between 11.30am-8pm Mondays, Thursdays to Sunday. So everyone can get dinner on the way home from work. (Most offices are in South Melbourne). It is in a little corner and it's a stones throw away from City Road light rail tram stop. It is also a stone's throw away from the South Melbourne Markets

I had the nasi lemak without the chicken of course. They gave me too much rice, so much that I couldn't finish it all. If you like them on Facebook, they will give you a free drink

I loved everything about the dish. It came with potatoes instead of rice. I was expecting two halves of the egg, but instead it came with one.

I loved the sambal. It was spicy but not too spicy. This is great for people that love spicy but can't stand the heat.

To come soon...
Is their dessert puff which is filled with nutella and banana. It was really nice and not too overly sweet. The pastry itself was a little bit dry but that's only a minor thing.
The inside of the puff


Verdict: Do come by for Singaporean feed.
Mr Loys Puff on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...