Friday, April 11, 2014

Mad Mex in Chapel st by Claudia



I love the bottle display


Jarritos

The corona and nacho special


 I was invited to try the new Barbacoa meals.


Mad Mex opened in Windsor in 2011. Because I live on the other side of town I have never had a chance to try the place.
The place looked clean, big and bright. It was open and airy. There is outdoor seating but seeing as it was a cold day everyone sat inside.


My server was nice and inviting. She was a little bit hip but thats what you can expect in an area like Windsor.


Mad Mex is a healthy eating place and it is very close to Swinburne Uni. In Windsor there are quite a few Mexican places hence there is some stiff competition.


Barbacoa is slow cooked meat (actually beef) done the traditional Mexican way. It is smoky and very spicy. They are available at Mad Mex for a limited time only.


Here I had two Barbacoa tacos and one vegetable burrito. You can choose the whole flour tortillas or the white flour ones. I prefer the white flour ones. Or if you can’t eat wheat there is also the choice of going naked.



I loved my vegetarian burrito. It was done nicely, but it was a little bit soggy down the bottom.


The Barbacoa in the tacos was full on. Good thing I didn’t order it in a burrito. I tried both the hard and soft shell tacos. I prefer the soft shell tacos anyday, but I loved the crunch of the hard ones.


You can choose your toppings and to add guacamole, sour cream and cheese. I’m not a fan of sour cream but I love cheese. I also love fresh tomato salsa called Pico de Gallo.



Burrito
Verdict: Will try them again. I would love to try the naked burrito since someone ordered it and it looked great.


By the way they are in the Entertainment book for 2014/2015 in Melbourne. It is where you buy one item get one free. You can buy the Entertainment book from us from the Entertainment website. If you do select: “RMIT Newintstudents” and you will be helping us raise money to provide better support for International students.
Mad Mex Fresh Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...