Friday, March 21, 2014

Industry Bean's birthday and free coffee class

As part of Melbourne Food and Wine festival series.
The poster about the party and what it included.

 There was a DJ pumping out cool tunes all day and from what I heard the party was a success. People also ordered food that day from their regular menu.


Industry Beans has been opened for a year now and already they are really popular. So to celebrate their first birthday they gave away free coffees and had brewing classes. I didn't have to register for the classes. I just turned up and a little bit on the late side- the tram from the city was late and I couldn't find the place was the classes was held in the cafe. Someone had to show me.

I got a free long black which was great.  The coffee was chocolatey. It was a Kenyan tombo, which is one of their signature flavours. But I also tipped them for a great class and service.

The beginning of the process which was preparing the filter for the pourover

The end result for the pourover
The barista showed everyone how to prepare a Pourover and aeropress coffee at home. Actually this is quite easy to do at home.

The aeropress machine


The end result which is the same as the pourover

The tasting
Industry Beans uses a Chemix machine which gives a lot more flavour to the coffee. They also use a $100 Bonavita kettle.

Their Brew guide is on their website where you can also order coffee online.

Many thanks to Industry beans for having me.
NB: Actually Industry beans is a short stroll away from Johnston st and from the buses. I traveled back to the city by bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...