Friday, January 31, 2014

Tropicana Juice Bar by Claudia

Tropicana Juice bar is in the city across the road from the Elizabeth and Bourke st superstop (a tram stop which is bigger).

Sally and I met again this time at that place, just for a coffee.













Cleansing juice

 
Sally's chicken wrap


Waffle with ice cream

Short Black


 This place has been opened for years. It has been around ever since my first year at RMIT. But recently they got rid of their best barista, so they might be looking for a new one. A guy at a nearby table was annoyed that his coffee order was wrong and that they forgot his sugar and spoon. Luckily the Asian guy was rather apologetic about this and offered a new one. My coffee (short black- $3.30) was just right. But the guy still had to get his spoon and sugar. I offered him my unused sugar, since I don't like things going to waste.

Sally's cleansing juice was quite good. It had carrot, apple and beetroot in there and it was not too sweet. Juices start from $5 and it comes in a huge glass. But Sally got this as part of the $12 wrap and juice deal. The juice came with two straws and Sally let me try a bit.

Sally loved her chicken wrap and for that price the meal was huge and filling.

Being the sweet tooth that I am I got the waffles. I find that it is quite hard finding a place that does good waffles as most of them are dried and burnt. Most of the places are really expensive with Max Brenner's being about $15 ( that is one small dried up waffle, ice cream, strawberries and banana).
At Tropicana my one was $7 and it came with one very gigantic scoop of ice cream (mind you this is homemade and not Peter's ice cream), maple syrup and a big waffle. The waffle was quite hard to cut. It was nice and better than the ones at Max Brenner.

Verdict:  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much better than Max Brenner's and I think people would agree. I'd rather come than going to Max Brenner anyday just for the juice and the waffle deal ( I think it was $10 from memory). I love their juices and their waffles are hard to fault (with the exception of they are hard to cut). I hope that they find a new barista soon though.
Tropicana Juice/Food Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...