Friday, April 15, 2011

Mail Exchange Hotel

I went to the Mail Exchange Hotel with my library group and had lunch there today. Today I wasn't feeling hungry so I had the potato and leek soup ($8) and a panna cotta ($12). Online I have read that there was a $15.50 (one course), $19.50 (two courses) and about $21(three courses) lunch specials. I have also read that the place is really good.

I loved the decor about this place, its warm and inviting. I wish that there were no pokie machines here, as the pokie machines don't really fit into the atmosphere of a nice fine dining place and entice people to gamble more than they should. That's what I think this is.

I can't see the bacon bits in this and this looks really green. I think that they put a lot of peas into this instead of leek.

Panna Cotta -$12

This is a panna cotta for those of you that don't know it. Its an Italian dessert (like jelly, but solid), which is made out of milk, gelatin and cream. You'll find this at many Italian fine dining places in Melbourne. Its really sweet. I liked the fruit compote that went with this.

Some other dishes on offer.
A latte ( which is a type of coffee in Melbourne)- $3.80

White and Dark Chocolate Mousse- $12 each


Fish and Chips -$22
UPDATED as of 23/1/12: There is an Entertainment book online deal for this place which is a buy one get one free main meal. You can check this out at www.entertainmentbook.com.au, but you must be a member to see this and other online offers.
Mail Exchange Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...