Friday, September 26, 2014

Yong Green Food

As part of RNIS's Healthy living month.

Yong Green Food is a healthy vegan, vegetarian place which is good for students minds and bodies. They don't do coffees but they do teas and smoothies and juices.

It is a relaxing place in the heart of Fitzroy.

It is run by two Korean sisters and a friendly Asian guy served me. They sometimes supply meals to Realfoods. They are known for their rawasgne ( a type of vegetarian lasagna). But I wasn't in the mood for this.

They have some meat dishes, but because they are vegetarian they use fake meat (or mock meat as some would like to call it).

The service was great.

The kimchi spicy sauce

It was here that I had their kimchi gyoza ($12.50) and their cold rice noodle salad ($15.50). It really wasn't rice noodle though. When I think of rice noodle I think of the big fat noodles. But I loved that wasabi kick to it.

They did however drown out all the vegetables with their dressing. It would be nicer if they put it on the side.

I also loved the kimchi gyoza except that it stuck to the bamboo steamer. It wasn't too spicy so its good for non spicy lovers. I love the fact that they made everything from scratch.

Their lime dink with mint ($7.5 for a regular)was a little bit bitter, but good. I loved the tanginess from the lime. It wasn't too minty. They could have added a wee teaspoon of sugar though.

I can see why they are ranked so highly on the Urbanspoon food charts. They have won a few awards from the Age including their cheap eats ones from 2011- 2013 and from Vegetarian Victoria. Very cleansing of the soul and body and students you should visit this place once or twice during your stay here.
Yong Green Food on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...