Thursday, December 26, 2013

I paid $800 for a migration agent but never received any services

Story by a student

I am an Indian student who studied Engineering and wanted to stay in Australia.

I paid $800 just to see a migration agent but they never showed. I found the ad on Gumtree and they only accepted credit cards.

I wanted to extend my visa to stay in Australia after graduation and I was desperately seeking for a migration agent to assist me.

This migration agent claims that he is Melbourne based.

The advertiser emailed back and said that he wanted all my details straight away (including passport and credit card details). I never once asked him for the MARN (Migration agents Registration number).

Ad from Gumtree

Migration Advice - FREE !!!

Free Migration Advice in Sydney and Melbourne

Melbourne VIC
Watch

Hours of Operation:

**Migration Advice in Melbourne and Sydney for FREE**
As part of our promotion, we are currently offering you free visa advice/ consultation (usually $250 per consultation).

Migration Centre of Australia is a leading migration company based in Sydney and Melbourne with a qualified and accredited team of registered migration agents with years of experience providing assistance for many visa subclasses including ENS/ 457/ RSMS visas, Student visas, Worker/ Business Visas, Family/ Partner Visas/ Permanent & Temporary Residency , Sponsorship Visas, MRT/ RRT Cases and skill Assessments.

We are proud of our quality service, professional approach and success we have achieved for clients.
Our motto is Knowledge, Ethics, Professionalism and Achievement!

All you need to do is to follow us on twitter, like and share our page on Facebook and we guarantee you and your friends referred by you a free consultation.

This is our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MIGRATION-CENTRE-OF-AUSTRALIA/116165668422536

This is our twitter: https://twitter.com/mcentreofaus

We are promoting our social media and if you need immigration advice/ assistance to explore your options to stay and work in Australia, we will be more than happy to help you.

Have a look at our website www.migrationcentreofaustralia.com.au

Don't miss this opportunity!

Migration Centre of Australia support team

A month later I still received no services from them and I kept emailing them. And emailing them and nothing. They just disappeared with my money.

I asked for a refund but I didn't get it. I later on found out from another International student that he too had been scammed by the same person. By then it was too late.

Right now I am in distress waiting, waiting, waiting for my money. I told police about this scam but they did nothing. I even told Immigration. The government has allowed the advertiser to get away with this.

I just want my money back.

This is the trend in Australia with many desperate graduates looking to stay in Australia. Some of the more desperate students like the Indian student turn to Gumtree to find migration agents.

But what is the Australian government doing to crack down on this sort of scam? Are they just putting their feet up and ignoring the problem? Lets hope that in the new year they will have some sort of crackdown on this sort of scam, so that more and more students do the right thing and stay in Australia lawfully.

1 comment:

  1. The best way to get Australian visa is by consulting a trusted and one of the best Migration agent. Just like Bullseye Consultants, Brisbane, who are known for amazing client satisfaction record.

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...