Sunday, December 29, 2013

G2 Korean BBQ by Claudia

G2 Korean BBQ has been opened for one year and they have some competition on their hands- Pepper lunch which does the same thing.

I had to work that day at Discovery Melbourne helping them to pack showbags and since this was close by I thought that I would try this on a Groupon voucher for $12 which included miso soup, dumplings, bibimbap and drink.





Only it didn't. They didn't give me my miso soup (it didn't really matter for me as much as it did for others) and they changed the dumplings to croquettes. But at least they told me of that change. And the waitress happily told me the croquettes were vegetarian.

Oh and for those that don't like beer they have tea and soft drinks.

The service was lovely and attentive and the waiter explained the sauces that go with the bibimbab.

I had the tofu bibimbab and the potato croquettes with salad. The croquettes were nicely cooked and were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. In fact they have corn and carrots and potatoes inside. Nom! The salad wasn't too bad- it was fresh and the dressing was nice and it wasn't too overpowering.

The only thing that let the meal down was the bibimbab which was lukewarm. It was supposed to be in stone bowl but it was presented in a white bowl for noodles????
Without the sauces it was bland as. The vegetables were fresh and as for the egg, there was home to write about.

Verdict: it was just passable. The actual Korean BBQ looked fun though and I might one day come back for dinner.
G2 Korean BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...