Friday, May 2, 2014

Buying Homebrand goods- our project

Buying Hombrand goods can save you up to 50%. But are they good for you? We find out. Most of the homebrand goods are under $5. So lets see how we go for a week.

First up I bought a packet of Homebrand Scotch fingers for $0.95. Normally a packet of Arnotts ones are $2.95. They were on special at the supermarket. Here these tasted not as sweet as the Arnotts one which I liked.



This week there was packet of microwave popcorn for about $1 per bag. I bought 2. Normal brands are priced between $3- $5. They weren't really buttery and the first packet that I bought all the popcorn had not popped

I also bought heaps of lollies. The party mix was $3.30 and the TV mix was $2.50. I also bought marshmellows at $2 each.They were the same as the ones outside. They tasted the same.

I also bought a can of Spaghettini for $0.55. It tasted like the Heinz can of spaghetti.

Its such a cold day that I bought some soup for $2.50. It was pumpkin soup that tasted like baby mash. But still it is great for a winters day.

At Coles I saw packets of pasta for $1, but not much instant noodles. I saw packets of rice for $2

Lessons learnt:
Homebrand is better and much cheaper for those that are trying to be on a budget. But its always just best to buy the basic things like milk and pasta as Homebrand goods. Sometimes treats are good too, such as lollies for the movies.

What is your experience with Homebrand products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...