Saturday, November 2, 2013

Top Paddock by Katherine

Top Paddock has been raved about for some time now as one of the best brunch places around.

So Sally and I met again, this time at Top Paddock. Since there was no please wait to be seated sign I just thought that I'd take a seat and wait for Sally. This time she moved to Richmond which is much closer to uni. In fact she can bike ride there.

Sally had known about Top Paddock for some time now but we thought that the prices were a little bit on the high side. Ok for a special occasion this might be great.







I had to wait in the queue for a seat and for Sally. Sally was running a tad bit late. I was put on a waiting list. They were just simply busy on a Saturday morning. The waitress was really overworked. Maybe they should have more wait staff on a Saturday morning.

But the food and Sally's coffee was great. I also loved my orange juice ($6). It was freshly squeezed.

I had the chilli scrambled eggs ($16) and on the waiter's recommendation Sally had the Top Paddock big breakfast ($19) which came with onions, bacon, eggs any way you like and toast. Mine came with one big slice of toast but I wanted an extra one ($3). I loved this and I loved the gorgeous flowers on top. I also loved the chilli kick to this. It added a dimension of being modern.

I also had a chance to try Sally's onions which she did not like. I loved them. They were nicely done, not overcooked and not undercooked. They worked really well with my dish. I wonder why they hadn't included them on the menu

I also had the chance to try Sally's cappuccino ($3.80). I have to say for a well known coffee place the single origin didn't work as well in this drink. I think its better suited to pour overs and long blacks. The drink tasted like medicine.

My advice is to come really early as they run out of everything early in the day. I really don't know why there are so many negative complaints because the food was simply stunning to look at and really delish.  As for me and for Sal we'd love to come again.
Top Paddock on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...