Saturday, August 24, 2013

My week on Healthy lunches

We have decided to do a week of Healthy lunches after seeing Meld's write up of this. Actually this is a really great option for those that are money tight.

Budget: $30

Equipment to buy
A lunchbox container or a few if you are really lazy at washing up every night. They are around $4-$7 at the supermarket.

A thermos- you can buy them at most camping shops as well as places that sell Kitchenware

Day One
I had the leftover Lasagna and beef salad with Apple and Banana. You can follow this recipe and make a big batch on Sunday to last you for a little while.

Day two
I had a bit of leftover salad, tomatoes and fruits at home as I did a big shop last week at Costco. So I needed for my lunch was a bread roll and I got just that for $1 at the market.

I also found some hazelnut latte sachets in my pantry so I just took one instead of buying coffee outside. I used a plastic cup at uni to make my latte.

Day three
I bought some soup for $1 and another bread roll for $1.

Day four
I bought John West's tuna and beans ($3.50 at Woolworths) and had that with my bread roll and apple. The bread roll I bought from Footscray Market. I was a bit lazy at making lunch this morning as I had slept in as per usual

Day five
Salad day. I was full from brunch, hence just a salad today. I made this myself.



Students it is easy to make your own lunch at home.

Other tips:
Buy a reuseable drink bottle and use that- It is about $14.
Know where the microwaves are so that you can bring your own meals from home.
When at the supermarket look out for bulk buys and split them with your friends/housemates

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...