Friday, July 12, 2013

Has anyone seen my passport?

Many International students have lost their passports in Melbourne.
You can have it replaced in Australia if need be
But it is costly and you will have to pay a lost/stolen passport fee plus the normal fee. You can find the list of consulates here
In other words don't lose your passport. Keep it at home in a safe place and have copies of your passport.

Jing a Chinese student who is 20 years of age and has come to do her bachelors in Melbourne tells how she lost her passport in Melbourne
It is my first day in Australia. I just got off the plane and wanted to go home. But first things first: enrollment and sorting out my bank account.

"I went to RMIT to enroll for the first time like many others. I went to RMIT International and registered and then went to the library to enroll online. I got up to the passport bit, took out my passport to enter the number and then left it on the table to do the other bits. Finished my enrollment and packed up all of my stuff and left.

Without my passport that is.

I went home and emptied my bag and found that there was no passport.


Rang my parents to tell them, but they said not too worry.

Went back to the library and there was no passport there. What do you think I did next?

Reported it to the police. Got the report

Applied for a new passport. Applying for a new one was about $600 AUD and it cost a lot of time and effort. I was really stressed about this"

Tip: Keep your passport in a safe place at home. Or if you can't, keep an eye on it and don't every forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...