Saturday, January 12, 2013

Brunetti @City Square by Katherine

There are a few Brunetti stores in Melbourne.
Here I went to the one in the city square. I have been there many times before but this has never been written up until now.
At 10am when I came there were many people all wanting takeaway coffees to cure their New years hangover. By the way for some people this was the only place opened (note: most places open next week).

There isn't much indoor seating at the city store as it is just a little kiosk selling coffees, desserts and other Italian food. But there is a communual table and lots of outdoor areas. Hence it is not so good for a cold winters day.

They do take eftpos.

It is in front of a tram stop in the city

About 10+ bloggers have raved on about this place.









They don't have much table service and when I was there one tables dirty dishes were still on the communual table where I sat whilst waiting for my long black to be called. They seemed to take forever to get the coffee orders done. By the time my coffee came I had almost finished all my desserts.  The desserts were served straightaway.
Like the Faraday store you have to wait for your coffee order to be called and then you collect your coffee.
In the end I returned all my dishes to the coffee counter where my returns were not even acknowledged. :(

My long black ($3.90) came in a big cup, but it was a little burnt and bitter. :(

I had a new york mini cheesecake ($2.20), mini biscuit( Strudel I think it was- $1.50), white choc mousse cake ($2.20), strawberry tart ($2.20) and canoli ($2.20).

The cheesecake was a little bit too soft for my liking. It tasted more like mousse rather than cheesecake. It was really hard to eat.


I loved the chocolate cake- it melted in the mouth. It wasn't too overly sweet which is good.

I also loved the cannoli- it was crunchy and really creamy

But the strawberry tart except for the strawberry on top which was fresh was a bit meh. I didn't particularly like the strudel. I think it was a little too dry for me.

I think next time when I'm here I might only just try the dessert and the granitas which looked really nice. I also have gelato here before and that worked a treat for me. I'd definitely not come in winter but in summer where I can enjoy being outdoors.
I'd leave the cakes and the coffees to the Faraday st store.
Brunetti on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...