Saturday, November 10, 2012

FoodInc by Katherine

FoodInc is a place at Melbourne Central. It is just a level above the train station.
It was 11am on Wednesday morning and I really needed a coffee fix. Secret recipe was closed and after seeing a few good deals at this place and walking by it I decided to give it a go.
The place was empty except for a few suits coming in here for their morning coffees.
They do have a $5 coffee muffin deal but that's only for take away.











They do have breakfasts all days, but I already made arrangements to visit somewhere else.
So instead I ordered a long black, a macaroon (one of the best they tell me) and an almond crossaint (all for $11 and no they don't take Melbourne Central gift cards and I thought that they did just like every other place in Melbourne Central) from a really grumpy guy with the hat on. I kind of liked his hat- its fashionable.
There were a few others who were also grumpy- perhaps not happy to be back at work after the long weekend?
The macaroon was hard and dry but it was flavoursome. I wonder where they get them from?
The almond crossaint was also hard and dry and also flavourless.
The long black was just meh. I had better long blacks- almost tasted like the ones you buy at Starbucks.

With the service and food that I got today I see why only 45% of people really liked the place. On that note though I will not return. I wonder what Big Fil and his team thought of it.
Foodinc on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...