Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stalactites by Katherine

I have been to Stalactites a few times now. I used to go often in 2007, but haven't been back ever since. Why? Is it because of the bad reviews? Maybe. Or that I just didn't have the money and the time?
Finally when I do have enough money and time  I decided to pay them a little visit.

It at 11am in the morning when I was craving some coffee. Not so much breakfast but coffee and baklava.
Surprisingly there was no people except for myself and the staff members. Why? And oh why oh why is service a tad slow? It took a while for me to get a table and for me to order. Why oh why is there an Asian lady employed in a greek restaurant? And no I'm not being discriminatory; its just a tad bit strange for a greek place.
I loved the decor- it reminded me of Cyprus and Greece in the summer. But in the winter it might seem a little bit cold.
Stalactites is open 24 hours 7 days a week. There is a nice old greek guy working there who knows his customers.
They are known for their souvalaki but given that it was 11am I wasn't in the mood for souvalaki.








So I had some greek coffee ($3.50) and a baklava with ice cream ($7). Strangely enough the baklava came first. It should be the other way around.
The greek coffee was really good. It was nice and strong like the way it should be. But I was hoping that it would come with some sweet small thing. But never mind.

Onto the baklava....
This was TERRIBLE!!!! I struggled to finish this. It was really sweet and too heavy for my liking. But I loved the ice cream though.
It was messy and it looked like it was mass produced. Eww

I might come back again to try their delicious souvalaki as takeaways, not eat in and I'd come back for their coffee as this is the only inexpensive Greek place in the city.
Stalactites on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...