Friday, February 3, 2012

Eating at Store 6 South Melbourne Market

Store 6 is a coffee/salad/pie shop in South Melbourne Market. Here it is in a food court therefore there is limited seating. I've walked past it a few times thinking that I'll try this, but never did until now.
They serve Illy coffees and teas. There's a few vegetarian things in store and you just pick and choose. There is no set menu; its just whatever is on display. Here they have a lunch special of $6.50 for a pie and two salads and I chose this.






The guy was a bit unhappy. He looked like he needed a break. He was a bit grumpy.
The pie was a bit sad looking and soggy. It was vegetarian. I didn't really enjoy this. It also fell apart when I cut. Maybe they made it the day before and it was just being served. They also didn't heat it really well.
But I did enjoy the two salads. They were fresh and yummy, although the noodle one had a little too much sauce and the pie was placed right next to it. This might have contributed to its sogginess.
They should really just stick to salads, coffees and biscuits because this is what they do best. Next time I'd come here to try their salads and not their baked goods and I'd warn everyone else to stay away from their pies and quiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...