Monday, November 21, 2011

Coffee at Dukes











I know that I'm bit behind in posting but here it is anyway.
The weekend before last I went to Dukes coffee in Prahran. Here they are rate number 82 on the Urbanspoon leaderboard as well as mentioned in the Age good cafe guide.
They are a rustic looking coffeehouse situated near Swinburne University. It was easy to miss the place as you walk past. Here you can catch the number 6 from the city and get off at Chapel st (zone 1). On the weekends it is quite busy.
However I did manage to get a spot quickly. Its not hard to see why they are so busy on the weekend. The place was full of walkers and students. They have free WI-FI.
The service was quick and very friendly. I ordered a very earthy and strong ristretto ($3) as well as smoked salmon and red onion sandwich with capers ($10.50). When my sandwich came, the server was quick to tap me on the shoulder (I was writing in my book then).
The sandwich smelt good when it came. And it was good too. I loved the sandwich. It had no sauce, which I liked. The salmon was really fresh. It was toasted.
I could taste the ricotta which gave it the feeling of being in the country and enjoying country food. You couldn't taste the capers though. The bread was a little sweet, but I liked it (it was brioche bread by the way).
I would love to recommend this place to students as this is the best place in Prahran so far for their coffee.
Dukes Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...