Tuesday, July 12, 2011

AIX Creperie Salon

I got my results today and I was not happy. I know I need to make a few complaints with my lecturer because I had a few problems with my assesment.
My dessert crepe

Some of the stuff they have







I didn't mean to take a really messy picture of this, but this is to show you just how good the cheese was

So to cheer me up I went to AIX creperie salon in Centre place and enjoyed myself immensely. The place was very cramped and very busy. To save money on the rent the place is very small. I had to share a table with a family of four and to the guy I elbowed sorry, didn't mean to do it! Just that the table was small and cramped.
This place was recommended by the Age's good cafe guide as one of the best cafes. It did not disappoint. The service could have been a bit better, but I do understand that they have been a rushed of their feet. Never the less the atmosphere is still good. I loved the music and the display of the baguettes outside. They looked so tempting. From what I read they do gluten free crepes. They do have a few vegetarian crepes on the menu. They also do organic teas where you choose your cannister and they make it up for you.
Here's what I ordered: a cup of really strong mocha ($3.00), a ham, swiss cheese and tomato crepe ($8.50) and the chef's special dessert crepe (which the Age also recommended and is $8.50)
The mocha was really big for $3.00 and they used their great blend of coffee. But I think that it needed to include a teaspoon of chocolate. It is supposed to be sweet and coffee like. I hope I can sleep tonight.
The ham and cheese crepe was really good. These were thicker than the ones you get at Roule Galatte Creperie. The cheese melted really well. My guess is that it is brie because it is so creamy and cheesy and I like that feeling. I couldn't quite taste the ham and tomato as much as the cheese, but I know they were in there.
The dessert crepe was so sweet. I couldn't really taste the homemade fig jam, because the orange blossom honey overpowered it so much. The ice cream melted on top. If they were going to do it really warm, they should put the ice cream in a seperate little saucer. The walnuts gave it a very nutty taste.
I would come here again to try the lasagna crepe. It looked so big and filling.
Aix Café Creperie Salon on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it; are their sweet crepes as good as their savoury?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both just as nice. but roule galattes ones are a little less expensive

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...