Tuesday, July 12, 2011

laurent bakery

I went to Laurent Bakery for lunch. It is featured in this years Entertainment book under the takeaway section.
Here they are a French bakery selling freshly made cakes and breads all under $15. Like Brunetti's in Myer all the breads and sweets are on display and you can select one.They are really good for their macaroons but I hadn't had a chance to try them. Maybe next time. But they are not cheap. The area is quite open and airy with two levels of dining. I have seen it a few times, but never got a chance to try it.
The lady smiled and was really friendly, but the man not so much. I think he was a bit rushed off his feet at the drink station.










Here's what I had: pumpkin soup ($9.50), creme brulee ($6.50) and a green tea ($5.00). The pumpkin soup was nice and creamy and was plated nicely with a small $0.70 bread roll.
The pumpkin soup was really creamy and was freshly made. I could taste the pumpkin bits in it. It does not have MSG in it.
The bread roll all though small was freshly made.
The creme brulee was plated very nicely the way how they do it on Masterchef. I think that they have a masterchef in the kitchen who does all of this. However it did taste a bit more like pannacotta than it did like creme brulee. The vanilla bean stick did the favor in the dessert. I would have liked the crumbly bits to be at the bottom rather than the top, because i kept on making a mess trying to get to the creamy stuff.
All in all I would come back here with my library group as they would really like this and there's plenty of seating for everyone.
Laurent Boulangerie Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...