Thursday, November 24, 2016

Tao Dumpling House

Tao Dumpling House is a new place in South Yarra. It is right near the train station. They had been open for a few months but I had not discovered them until recently. I probably just rushed by the place without looking on my runs.

The place was not busy and the staff were attentive. The manager was just ok.

Their dumplings are great and they do have half serves. Here I had their vegetable dumplings and they were freshly done. My dumplings came quick. And so were the prawn dumplings. The other group had a lot of food that they could not finish.




Then I tried other things. I came on Sunday night with Leandro and had the prawn crackers which were free during the weekend dinners and seafood fried noodles ($14). I also had a Savingnion Blanc which was chilled. This was great chilled as it brought out all the crispiness of the drink. The seafood fried noodles worked with a light drink such as this. This was light in flavour and the noodles were cooked well. It was a bit on the small side though. The seafood was fresh and the calamari was not too chewy. This is a sign that it was cooked just right.


Rating: 15/20- I like all. But I would love there to be more dessert and even a wine tasting event. They have a good wine list but the waitstaff have not much of a clue as to what works with what and what tastes of each wine is like.

The only thing that I would recommend is for them to recommend which drink works well with which dish. Luckily I found that one out via the Jacobs creek site which mentions all.
Tao Dumplings Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...