Saturday, November 5, 2016

Leo's Spaghetti Bar

Leo's Spaghetti bar has been around for 30 years now and is run by a lovely Italian guy who organised the meal for me. I was invited to try their menu and their takeaway service.

The service itself is prompt and they do take allergies into account. One lady next to us advised that she was allergic to calamari and they were happy to take this out.

I had a shiraz and he had water. The shiraz worked really well with the pasta dishes. It had that grapey taste and was really strong.






There were four entrees for me to try and I liked them all. I loved the goats cheese ball the most. Then followed by the garlic bread which was nice and very garlicky. I really didn't like much of the calamari- it was really chewy. And the spinach cannelloni was just alright.

The pastas itself are good but they had waay too much sauce and the penne pasta was overcooked. It was soggy. I loved the spaghetti marinara as they had fresh seafood and lots of olive oil on it. In fact too much. Too much of that stuff is not good for you. My housemate who got the marinara takeaway says that her pasta was overcooked and too much sauce to it.

Rating: 12/20- only for the drinks and the service with a smile. Do come by to this Italian gem in St Kilda just for drinks. You can take the tram there or you can walk/run there.
Leo's Spaghetti Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...