Saturday, October 15, 2016

Around the bay

Around the bay is an event run by Bicycle Network to encourage people to be healthy and take up bike riding. Here I watched the event from Alexandra Gardens just after I finished my run. Many riders rode the 100-250 km from Geelong, Sorrento and Rosebud and enjoyed the new trail which involved a ferry crossing.


People enjoying the lawn





Many of the riders were puffed out and in need of some food. I was the same as well. So I, like many other riders got chips at Mr Burger. By the time I got to Mr Burger most of the soft drink was sold out and Cajun Kitchen across the road had sold out of their chips. But I didn't. Instead I got the pizza fries for $6.50. This was a new item on the menu and I really enjoyed the pepperoni and cheeses on top. With that I hung out at Spokes bar and got myself the Bicycle brewing beer to accompany my chips. All the others also got beer as well to celebrate their finish.

The beer was appley and really strong in the alcohol. It was light in flavour. Most people also got this beer but in $20 jugs to be shared.

There were about 35 stalls in all and there were some for the corporate teams as well. Corporate teams got to have free massages. People that did the 50-250 km rides got free lunch when they finished the race which included the sandwiches.

There were also some free kids activities but I wasn't interested. There was a balloon artist and some bikes for hire. And there was also a protein place called "Winners" but I was not interested. They didn't  do a whole lot of protein bars, more like snack items.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...