Saturday, August 20, 2016

Riverland Cafe and Bar















Riverland has been around for quite some time now (apparently five years, I'm told) but I hadn't discovered it until last year. They are in an old style building and like Arbory most of their seating is outdoors. But they do have outdoor heating for in Winter it can get really cold. There is limited shade though.

I declined going in for a while as it looked waaay too expensive. But having Arbory's burger and paying that price I figured that it was okay for them to charge it. Rent in the city is quite high and they need to survive.





It was a busy night and punters were watching the footy and cheering on their team. Most of the punters went for beer and many of them had burgers.

Well I had their famous beef burger ($19.50) which was just ok. The chips were good though and the egg mayonnaise although good had that weird tang to it. I couldn't put a finger to it. The beef was slightly rare- it had that pink colour inside. The bun was a little bit sweet, but I did enjoy the onion jam in there at the end. The onion ring however was soggy.

Rating: 14/20- it was ok. I would be happy coming here for a drink and ice cream in the summer. I think I prefer Arbory's burger anyday.
Riverland Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...