Sunday, July 3, 2016

Dumpling King in Hawthorn

It is uni holidays and everyone has finished their exams.I'm however stuck at uni helping new International students who have just come this week and registered.



BUT

Friday was dead quiet. So off I went to Glenferrie. I was in search of a cheap meal so I went online to zomato.com and found Dumpling King in Glenferrie. It is right outside the train station. I found that they have a new menu and its limited. There are no business lunch specials rather there are chef specials. The old menu on zomato had their lunch prices on there so I was left wondering if I went to the wrong place.

The service was so so. Not very friendly and attentive. They do employ uni students.

I had the prawn wonton soup ($11.80). The broth was a bit meh- it was bland okay and I had to add in some vinegar. Since table service took a while I ordered at the front counter. And that's where I noticed the prawn dumplings.  My meal came in five minutes.

The prawn dumplings were slightly raw. Not too bad though. But all the skin stuck together. But I did like the handmade noodles though. And I loved the generous lashings of onion and vegetable. There was a lot of soup in the there though.

Rating: 9/20- never again, although the dumplings did look good though. There are other much better student places in Glenferrie though.

By the way they forgot my water and I couldn't be bothered reminding them.
Dumpling King Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...