Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Grand Final Party at Yarra Park

This year there was a Grand Final party at Yarra park and everyone celebrated the Grand Final in style. See why we liked it here.

This was free for all to attend and it was only just introduced this year. It was at Yarra Park and I went just to see what the fuss was about. Here people kicked lots of free balls and there were a few dogs. Most were excited to be here. Yarra Park is just outside the MCG and there were free trams for all. The train station nearby is Jolimont and you had to pay for that.

Here there was a kid's playing area, a women's lounge, a stage and a food place where all the foodies can hang and sample some delights. Some delights included Fancy Hank's triple meat sandwiches, chips, pizza from A25 and Jardin Tan's homemade ice creams and banh mi.


I love A25's pizza display

The sign at A25

Love the sign

Fancy Hanks own sauce




There was free pampering for all the ladies



The entrance

Jardin Tan's menu




Most of the stalls only took cash and there was no atm on site. Water was really expensive to buy at $5 a pop. Luckily I brought my own.

But here the pizza from A25 ( $10 for a really wacky mushroom pizza with lots of cheese) was really good and so were the chips from Fancy Hanks ($6). I really enjoyed the cheese on my pizza and the mushrooms were good. Moreover they were happy to take the meat out of the pizza eventhough they were busy early on.
Mushroom pizza

The chips at Fancy Hanks were the fresh type and they were nice and crispy. Over on the other side there was a McDonalds create your own burger. I just could not stand having Maccas and a lot of people went to the Maccas stall. I can't stand how people visit that stall and buy their burger.


The live music was just great and people had heaps of fun. Moreover I burnt my calories by walking back to Flinders st station which took a mere 25 mins. Everyone else was just plain lazy and got the tram. My feet were sore but who cares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...