Friday, October 2, 2015

Pomodoro Sardo

RNIS was given a voucher to spend there by Zomato and they did not have to pay. All opinions are their own

RNIS did a review of Pomodoro Sardo last year. By then a few things have changed. The one thing that has not changed is the service and the signature dish of Linguini Marinara. It still had the bread on the top.


 They still have their wines and Italian soft drinks. I was keen to try one of those. The Italian lemonade is called Gassona and it was not as carbonated or as sweet as the usual soft drinks. It also was really bitter at times.

They did win the award of best pizza though and they are getting much busier during the lunch hour.

They now have a few new entrees on the menu such as croquette with sausage inside ($3.5 each). This was very nicely fried and creamy on the inside.
Bread with olive oil (top) and fish dip (below)

I also enjoyed a new favourite, the cheese dip with fish. That too was creamy and it only had hints of cheese. Now I have never tried Sardinian bread but I have to say though this was great.

I did not expect complimentary bread and olive oil as last time I did not get this so it was a nice touch. The bread was really dense and lovely. It was freshly baked.
The outside of the marinara dish



The marinara on the other hand was baked which meant that the sauce had mussel shells in it. What I would have liked and didn't get was calamari and squid. Instead I got lovely fish and al dente pasta with mussels and a lovely tomato broth. It was $32 and for that price I would have expected some calamari.

But the dessert was good though. It had the right amount of sweetness in there and I loved the crunchiness of the honeycomb. It was semifreddo ($12.5). The other table's tiramisu looked good though and I would have liked it except that I don't drink coffee at night.

Rating: 15/20- good meal except for the stinginess of the seafood in the marinara. Thanks zomato for the voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...