Thursday, October 8, 2015

Blue Chillies

Blue Chillies is the oldest Malaysian restaurant in Melbourne. It is 16 years old and still is going strong. On a Wednesday night it was pretty quiet.

I read some good things about it from Eat and Be Merry and Gastrology when they were invited to their birthday. In particular I read about the desserts and the yee sang salad. Unfortunately Yee Sang salad wasn't on the menu but dessert was.

The service there was fast and everyone knew each other.




The food was good. I really enjoyed the gado gado and the spiciness of it. The gado gado cost me $12. It worked well with the rice ($3) and the roti ($4). Here the gado gado had loads of vegetables in it.

The rice was the jasmine sort and I thought that as a Malaysian restaurant it would be the coconut rice. It was not. But it was good though.

What was equally just as good was the roti. I really enjoyed it with the gado gado which was mainly salad, tofu and potatoes. There were no eggs though.

The sago was the highlight ($8) and Gastrology was right when they say it is good. It was not too sweet but just like what my mother would make at home and I enjoyed the green jellies.

Rating: 16/20- liked it and do come here for their feasts as I saw one table of guys all enjoying a hearty feast of pork ribs, fried rice and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...