Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Couch's bbq with the new Quinoa wraps and Honey mustard sauce

The Couch were holding another BBQ to mark the start of spring and warmer weather. I was invited along and did not have to pay. I really wanted to use my discount voucher from the show so here it is.

I got a 5% discount from the Royal Melbourne Show for Woolworths so I decided to use it before it expired. I bought some cheese for $5.90, 2 for $5 Chris's dips, a $2 bottle of Honey mustard, veggie patties, crackers and a Red rock deli dip. Oh and the Mission wraps which Gastrology reviewed earlier on which was about $5.





I got to say that they were delicious. Everyone enjoyed the dips and crackers as well as the Honey mustard. People also enjoyed the wraps which were chia seed. There were around 40 peeps there. The Tasmanian brie went well with the white wine and the champagne. I enjoyed the creaminess of it all.

I didn't eat any of this but this is what others enjoyed
I also enjoyed the freshly cooked prawns and fish. They went well with the chia wraps and tzakiki and I made a prawn wrap.

Everyone enjoyed the crackers.

Most people were keen to try the veggie burger but not everyone was too keen. I made a hamburger out of this with the tzakiki dip and white bread and it was yum.

Many thanks for the invite. And do visit your local Woolworths for some amazing specials and BBQ food now that it is the BBQ season. It's always healthier to go pescatarian at a BBQ and you'll be surprised at what you can do

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...