Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mama's Buoi

Mama's Buoi is an upmarket Vietnamese restaurant in Melbourne's GPO Laneway. Here it i more like a bar rather than an eatery because of its limited menu. They don;t have a lot of food on their menu but they do have happy hour and an Instagram competition where you would win a $100 voucher.




I came at 7:30pm after Fitclub wanting something on the light side and not wanting to wait for a tram to get to the upper end. There were a few people there but the rest had gone after happy hour.

The portions were quite small for the rice vermicelli and tofu with mushrooms ($14). There was one big piece of tofu and three smaller ones. Also all the fish sauce was down the bottom making it very fishy. The one thing I did like was the Siracha. I also wished that there was more carrots rather than just the few. The vermicelli was skinny and not thick. There was no cucumber. I was expecting some.

All the food smelt good and looked good so I expected a lot.


Rating: 10/20- not great. I have had better at the Wat the Pho and in Footscray.

For me I had to agree with Bureaucrat with meh. It was not worth the $14 I paid and I did have to buy some bread to get rid of the fishy aftertaste in my mouth.
Click to add a blog post for Mama's Buoi on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...