Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rosa's Kitchen

Rosa's Kitchen is a tiny place in Punch lane in the city. Punch lane is near the corner of Exhibition and Lonsdale st so it is easy to get to by train. There is a little laneaway which leads to Punch Lane.
Image courtesy of zomato.com
I remembered Bomba and the Alyesbury were near that lane.
Image courtesy of zomato.com
Rosa's Kitchen is known for their Italian pastas and risottos. They don't have pizza here.

They are quite small so its best to book ahead for a table. They do have a huge winelist though.

I had the spaghetti with mussels, chilli sauce and tomato sauce. It was yum. For $22 I got some lovely bread with no olive oil, parmesan cheese, salad and the pasta. I was keen to see how the pasta fared seeing as I read lots of rave reviews. In fact I think this place is run by Rosa Mitchell who is known to pop up at the farmers markets to demonstrate some of her pasta recipes.
Image courtesy of Mariposa on zomato.com
The pasta was well cooked and was very doughy. Doughy in a good sense. The mussels were a little bit undercooked though. The parmesan was great and the sauce had that chilli kick. Some people may not like this but I loved it.

The salad was great. It was not too overdressed which I liked. The freshness of the lettuce leaves really shone.

The bread was freshly baked which I enjoyed. Some people might love to have butter and olive oil but I was happy without.

Rating: 18/20- kept me full and happy for a while. Am still tasting the chilli a few hours after. Whenever you are in town do visit this little humble eatery. Kudos to the staff for making it such a place.

This is also a good place for candlelit dinners.
Click to add a blog post for Rosa's Kitchen on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...