Friday, May 8, 2015

The Paypal app and the Earl Canteen Emporium

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

Paypal have released a new app and already they are having some success. They are signing up new businesses daily and Earl Canteen happens to be one of them. I have been to the one in Bourke st for food, never the one in Emporium.

So I was curious to see if the one in Emporium does really good coffee and food. And yes they have a lunchbox special of potato gems, cookie and fish fingers sandwich for $17.50. I was curiosu to see how they put fish fingers in a sandwich.



The paypal app was easy to use and I had some money in my Paypal balance. YOu have to add a bank account and a credit card to your Paypal account (and yes signing up is easy and free). The money from your bank account takes about 3-5 days. And yes you need a photo of yourself in your Paypal app to make it a lot easier to pay. Searching for a business is easy as your hpone scans the location and it finds the nearest ones. You have to enable background data though.

The fish fingers sandwich was yum and it was the adult version of this. There was a big piece of fish in there which was fresh. The bread was Turkish pide. They have an open kitchen so I was able to see how my sandwich was made and lots and lots of bread. And I loved the fact that there was not too much tartare sauce.

The potato gems were equally just as good and filling. Normally its $4. The rosemary sea salt was really good,. Normally I don't like a lot of salt but this was good.

The short black ($3) that I had was really bitter and strong.

I was too full after this so the cookie I gave to my friend. You can choose yours and I chose a chocolate chip one for my friend.

Do use the Paypal app as this is like a credit card except there is no card involved. It works on your Smartphone just fine. Its good for those that leave thier wallet at home.
Earl Canteen Emporium on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...