Thursday, January 1, 2015

Maru Shih

Maru Shih is a healthy Japanese café on Toorak road. The entrance looked tiny and really homely. I went past it too many times and hadn't noticed it. It is easy to get to by number 8 tram or its a short walk from South Yarra station and trains depart every ten minutes.


So after Eat and Be Merry's review I had wanted to give this little place a go and so I did. It was one cold, wet day and I had wanted udon.
Christmas decorations

The window and the very cute curtain


Maru Shih is a little tiny café which has three floors and very friendly service. They also sell Japanese sweets, snacks, drinks and sauces.

It was very quiet at this time of the year, but I did not mind as it will probably pick up in January.

The vegetarian udon was $9.80 and it was a generous size. The borth was lovely and it did fill me up. I loved the tofu inari in there and I enjoyed the seaweed. The spring onion gave it that very nice touch. The tuna inari was $2.50 each and I really enjoyed them. The tuna was canned but spicy and I loved the wasabi. I would have loved more ginger on my plate though.

Rating: 18/20- loved the udon and would be back to this homely place
Maru Shih Japanese Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...