Friday, September 12, 2014

Bistro Guillaume

Bistro Guillaume has been a very popular place for foodies alike. It is here I decided to celebrate getting a very casual job with Study Melbourne.

Bistro Guillaume has been around for a few years now and already they have 58 blog posts both likes and dislikes. They are in Crown and on the Flinders st side. Outside you can see the aquarium and the river.
Love the lighting



Love the handwash

Bistro Guillaume have a lunch deal of two courses for $49.50 ( or in my case- $37.40). Here I can choose between an entree and main or a main and dessert. But it does not include drinks, just complimentary water and bread. The ladies at the next table had a lovely coffee with macaroons as well as the lovely looking tart, but seeing as I was having an early dinner and it was late I just had an entree and a main.

The service was rather slow and some people in the restaurant had to get back to work. The lady there was a little bit tired and she was also sad.

I loved the bread but it took ages to come. It was warm, soft and moist and I loved the creaminess of the butter. I also loved the King Salmon as a main. The onion soup had too much caremelised onions. I could not finish it all. It would be nice if they offered a baby sized soup. I did however love the cheese flavored bread in there. It really bought out the flavour nicely.

The soup was rich and creamy on top.


The salmon was small but rather moreish. I loved the cabbage and mustard with olive tapenade underneath. The salmon was fresh and was lovely to eat.

Verdict: I really enjoyed the place but as a student I'd be looking for lunch deals like these and also pay via the Entertainment app/book. I wouldn't pay $36 for salmon.

Do visit on a special occasion.

Editors note: Bistro Guillaume are offering a 25% discount to Entertainment Members. To purchase your membership click here.
Bistro Guillaume on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...