Friday, July 11, 2014

Tandoori Flames

RMIT Newintstudents was a guest of Tandoori Flames. All thoughts are their own

Tandoori Flames has been opened for a few months now. There is one in Kinglake, Yarraville and now one in Footscray. Here I was met by one of the workers who said that the owner was not well. So he didn't make it. However the worker was very friendly and answered all of my questions well.
Light- look at all the jewels. It reminds me of a palace


The ones that were there was us. For the most of the time people book for dinner rather than lunch as they are only really opened for dinner every night and lunch during the weekends. They are on the busy Barkly st, but on the side where all the houses are. It is about a ten minute walk from the West Footscray station and a one minute walk from the bus stop.
Love all the Indian decorations

Elephants

For those that prefer delivery they have this service via Menulog where if you opt for pick up and order more than $50 worth of stuff you'll get a $10 discount.

For starters I tried the Fish Tikka ($13 for 5 five pieces and salad). It had that smokey flavour but it was a little bit dry as it was overcooked. The mint sauce was nice though

For mains I had the vegetarian noodles which fed me well. For $11.50 it was more of side given the small bowl serving. I was expecting the big fat noodles, but instead I got the small ones.

The naan however was great. It tasted like pizza and had just come out of the oven. It was that GARLICKY.

The drink (Nimbi Panni, $4.50) tasted like a samosa. I can never get used to drinking a samosa. But once after a while I got used to the taste. The black stuff is the Indian spices. What is in that drink is lime, lemon, sugar and a little bit of salt.

Not too sure if I'd travel far for this place but if they opened up in the city that would be great. That and maybe home delivery.

It's not exactly for the poorest of students, rather its for those that love to share.

Tandoori Flames on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...