Friday, July 25, 2014

Hightide

RNIS was invited by the City of Melbourne to try this place
This place is at Virgin side of the airport just past the check in (but not past the security). Here I was invited by the City of Melbourne to try this place.
Selection of meats and vegetables


You order and pay for your food at the counter. Like a cafeteria there is no table service, but rather you get everything yourself. earlier on they ran out of the metal knife and fork so they had to use plastic. It was the same as the last time where my friend ordered her fish and chips.

When she ordered it she didn't seem to enjoy it. In fact on the plate it looked very lacklustre.

Today one of my friends ordered lasagna. On the plate it looked like a microwave meal, but he really enjoyed it. I had the spanakopita ($7.90 with salad) which took forever to come out. Everyone else's meals came out fast mine didn't. All it included was a heating up of the spanakopita pie, something which is not hard to do. My friend reminded them after we wondered what ever happened to my pie.
Spanakopita

My friend's lasagna

Rice salad

But when it did come out I really enjoyed it. The cheese was flavoursome and the pastry was thin which is what it is supposed to be. Not bad for a pie.

But still they need more staff on during the lunch hour as it is always busy there. PJ's however seemed to be dead quiet. I don't know if I'd visit again.

Many thanks to the City of Melbourne for the invite.

HighTide Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...