Friday, July 25, 2014

Cafe Vue at the Airport

Cafe Vue is at the Airport at the International departures. They are said to have the best coffee and food for all passengers and guests of the airport.

It was 7:30am in the morning that I arrived. It was still dark and gloomy outside (typical Melbourne Winter mornings).




Run by Shannon Bennett of his Bistro Vue in the city this is a great place to have breakfast at the airport.

When I got there, there was only two staff on that were serving the weery travellers from overseas. Some of them were going and others were visiting. Hudsons was open too but their coffee is not as decent as this.

This however is decent true Melbourne coffee style. It is a long black ($4.90) which looked very attractive in a cute newspaper designed cup. Their coffee is by 5 senses. It was strong but not too strong and it tasted nutty.

You order and pay at the counter and then they will call your number when it is ready. Whilst there I tried a raisin scroll ($4.90- used to be $5.40) and a french big biscuit (can't remember the name- $3). They were both good, except my pastry was a little bit squashed from being in my bag.

The French biscuit tasted like shortbread and equally was as good. It had vanilla cream in the middle and was not too sweet. Its great for early birds like myself.

The raisin thing was great. It was soft and I loved the raisins in there as they were juicy.

Next time when I come and am in need of a coffee I would choose to go here rather than the Hudson's coffee or the other things that are on offer at the airport. If only City of Melbourne would include this establishment in their free lunch offers it would be great.

I'm surprised that only 43% of people liked it on Urbanspoon and the haters would give the place a slamming. I wish they would stop doing that to such a wonderful place.


Café Vue at Melbourne Airport on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...