Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Good neighbourhood month part two: Good Neighbourhood Launch party

RMIT Newintstudents was invited by the Arrow Neighborhood and Meld Magazine to attend.

The Launch Party was a lovely idea for students and stallholders and residents to get together. It was a Sunday afternoon of fun and some free food. But mainly it was a time to get together with the neighbors and community.

To enhance that feeling there was free classes for all. It was from Women's self defense to growing your own indoor plants via Green pots. It costs just $60 for a small tub and $70 for a large tub and they don't need a lot of water. You just need to feed it once a week and they can be kept indoors.



For the kids there were lots of games and balloon surprises. There was indoor soccer as well ping pong etc.

Indoor bowling

I took this before they put the balloons in

I tried my hand at making a few things, but they weren't great things. But still, I had lots of fun. If only Leandro was here making stuff :(.

For those that hadn't had lunch there was Aunty Khoo's Nasi Lemak for $5 and I swear she makes a really good one. I hadn't had a chance to try this as I was still full from lunch.But I did have the bread and muffins from Phillipas bakery and they were just gorgeous as always.

Free bread and muffins

Nasi Lemak

Some of STREAT's homemade goodies

Free cupcakes for all from 300 Blankets

Fanta with ice cream- a kid's favourite drink


More plants

I also tried the pumpkin bread from STREAT and it was yummy. Next time when I visit I'll have to buy

I got a free bag of lollies from the Bendigo bank.
Goodies on sale

Badges which are being made


The welcoming table

Stay tuned for part 3: The night markets in which RMIT Newintstudents volunteered at

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...